Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019: 7: 30 p.m. University of Michigan home football game: The duration of the following road closures will be three hours before each home football game until the end of each game with the exception of southbound South Main Street, which will be closed one hour prior to the beginning of each game until the end of each game.
Scheduled closures include:
- East Keech Street between South Main Street and Greene Street, limiting access to parking permit holders on Greene Street from East Hoover Avenue to East Keech Street
- The westbound right-turn lane on East Stadium Boulevard (onto South Main Street) just south of Michigan Stadium
- South Main Street, to both local and through traffic, between Pauline Boulevard and East Stadium Boulevard
Please visit our parking page for information on parking restrictions.
Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019 noon – 5 p.m. the following streets will be closed for the William Street Bikeway Grand opening special event:
- William between South Fifth and Thompson
- South Division between William and Jefferson
Fourth Avenue from Huron to Washington: Monday, Oct. 28 – Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019. On Oct. 28 & 29, Fourth Avenue will be closed to all traffic between Huron and Washington. Southbound vehicles will be detoured eastbound on Huron to southbound on Fifth Avenue, westbound on Washington to southbound on South Fourth Avenue. Northbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Washington Street, northbound on Main Street, eastbound on Huron Street to northbound on North Fourth Avenue.
Pedestrian through traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all times.
Geddes Avenue from Church to Washtenaw: Monday, Oct. 28-Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019. Beginning at 9 a.m. on Monday, Oct. 28, Geddes Avenue will be closed to car traffic and reduced to one lane of traffic in each direction between Church Street and Washtenaw Avenue for bus traffic. All other traffic will be detoured as follows:
- Eastbound Geddes Avenue will be detoured to southbound Church Street, then eastbound South University Avenue, then northbound South Forest Avenue, then northbound Observatory Street, back to Geddes Avenue.
- Westbound Geddes will be detoured to southbound Washtenaw Avenue, then southbound South Forest Avenue, then westbound South University Avenue, then northbound Church Street, back to Geddes Avenue.
Pedestrian traffic will be will be maintained on both sides of Geddes Avenue.