Saturday, Jan. 25, 1-3 p.m. The Ecology Center staff will have the supplies to make an art project at Mack Indoor Pool, 715 Brooks St.
Register today for learn-to-skate, beginner hockey lessons
Veterans Memorial Park Indoor Ice Arena, 2150 Jackson Ave., hosts learn-to-skate and beginner hockey lessons for all ages and skill levels. Visit the website to sign up for session 3: Now-March 15 ($72, resident; $90, nonresident) and session 4: March 16-April 25 ($55, resident; $67, nonresident) or call 734.794.5235.
Shop local and fresh year round at the farmers market
Saturdays at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market, 315 Detroit St., continue all winter, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Grab a hot cup of fresh coffee or cider and shop for greens, salad mix, apples, root veggies, garlic, Polish and Mediterranean food, candles, jewelry, cheese, baked goods and much more. Enjoy free parking in the market lot.
Upcoming programming for adults
The Ann Arbor Senior Center, 1320 Baldwin Ave., offers a variety of weekly and special event programming throughout the month.
* GROOVE Dance Class meets every Monday, through March 9, 6-7 p.m. All fitness levels and abilities for those 15 years and older are welcome. No dance experience required. Register for the entire 10-meeting series for $80, or drop in and pay $12 for nonmembers and $10 for members.
* Edward Jones Coffee Club meets Thursdays, Feb. 13 and 27, 1-2 p.m. The group will discuss current events, the economy and investing. Refreshments will be served at the free coffee club, hosted by Joe Wilkinson.
* NEW: Burns Park Women’s Circle meets every Tuesday, 6-7 p.m. Make a fresh start in 2020 by joining the Burns Park Women’s Circle – a group of local women who will gather to discuss weekly topics, life experiences, provide support and education to one another and discover new connections and friendship. Open to women of all ages. Admission is $2 for nonmembers; members are free.
* Euchre takes place every Monday, 6-8 p.m. Bring a partner or show up alone and we’ll pair you with a group. Admission is $2 for nonmembers; members are free.
* Bag Lunch Bible Study meets every Wednesday, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Remember to bring a snack or bag lunch to enjoy. Admission is $2 for nonmembers; member are free.
* Movie Matinee takes place every Wednesday, 1-3:30 p.m. Admission is $2 for nonmembers; member are, free. Includes complimentary popcorn.
Save the date to register for spring/summer programming in the Ann Arbor Parks
Starting Monday, Feb. 3, you can register online or in person at any parks facility for spring/summer 2020 programs in the Ann Arbor parks. Programs include summer day camps, golf lessons and tournaments, canoe and kayak classes, learn-to-swim lessons, educational programs at the Ann Arbor Senior Center and volunteer opportunities with GIVE 365 and Natural Area Preservation. The 72-page guide will be online for viewing on Monday, Jan. 27.