Ann Arbor —The Ann Arbor Film Festival has once again been voted No. 1 in North America in the 2020 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest for Best Film Festival. The Top 10 festivals were announced on 10Best:
- Ann Arbor Film Festival – Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Santa Barbara International Film Festival – Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Nevada City Film Festival – Nevada City, Calif.
- Austin Film Festival – Austin
- Washington West Film Festival – Reston, Va.
- Dances With Films – Los Angeles
- Atlanta Film Festival – Atlanta
- Banff Centre Mountain Film and Book Festival – Banff, Alberta
- Nantucket Film Festival – Nantucket, Mass.
- Chicago International Film Festival – Chicago
AAFF was one of 20 contenders nominated by a panel of experts, including editors from USA TODAY, editors from 10Best.com, expert contributors, and sources from these media outlets and other Gannett properties.
The outcome of the contest was determined by an online public vote over a period of four weeks, closing on March 2, 2020. AAFF extends its gratitude to Gannett for the nomination and to the filmmakers, artists, volunteers, sponsors, Ann Arbor community members, and friends around the world for bestowing the honor of a first-place ranking on the 58-year-old festival.
This year’s six-day Ann Arbor Film Festival will be live streamed on Vimeo, March 24-March 29, 2020.