From AA Spark
We recognize the extreme and dire impact COVID-19 has had on the small business community. At this time, Ann Arbor SPARK is diligently working on efforts where we can be the most effective and helpful.
Ann Arbor SPARK compiled a list of resources available to businesses during the COVID-19 outbreak. Contact SPARK’s business development team for more information or to start working on any of the resources below. Please continue to check back for updates and more information.
REGIONAL SMALL BUSINESS LOANS AND GRANTS
FEDERAL CARES ACT
We encourage small businesses to access resources available through the Small Business Administration. (SBA) COVID-19. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed by Congress is intended to provide business owners with resources needed right now during the COVID-19 crisis. These include an array of resources to assist small businesses, non-profits, and other employers. This $2 trillion economic relief package includes $377 billion for small businesses and contains various economic aid programs.
WASHTENAW SMALL BUSINESS RESILIENCY FUND
We are not currently accepting applications. Please Note: We do not have the resources to respond to individual inquiries on funding status. Learn More
MICHIGAN SMALL BUSINESS RELIEF PROGRAM
We are not currently accepting applications. Applicants have been notified about the status. Please Note: We do not have the resources to respond to individual inquiries on funding status. Learn More
BUSINESS RESOURCES AND ASSISTANCE
Local, Regional & State
- MEDC COVID-19 Resources
- Michigan SBDC COVID-19 Resources
- State of Michigan’s Coronavirus Resources
- Michigan Works! Southeast COVID-19 Resources
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application: Companies in Michigan can now apply for economic disaster loans. Please note: This website has experienced some difficulty. Please contact SPARK if you have questions about the SBA Loan application process.
- The Small Business Administration’s Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus
- U.S. Chamber Coronavirus Resources + Coronavirus Response Toolkit
- U.S. State Department Travel Guidelines
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- DoL Guidance for Preparing your workplace for COVID-19
Entrepreneur & Corporate
- Coping with COVID: A free webinar series featuring startup founders and venture capitalists from the region’s entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- Michigan HR Group COVID-19 Employee-Employer Issues
- Bodman COVID-19 Response Team
- Butzel Long: Business interruptions due to coronavirus — Is it covered by insurance?
- Business Marketing during COVID-19 tips
- Give and Take launches Givitas, a new online community where Michigan startup leaders can exchange help, advice, connections, resources, and ideas.
- A2Helps: Donations go toward gift cards purchased from local restaurants and retail stores which are then distributed to healthcare professionals in our community.
- United Way of Washtenaw Launches COVID-19 Community Relief Fund
- Food Gatherers has a list of resources if you need food or want to contribute.
- Ann Arbor Public Schools COVID-19 updates and community resources.
- GetDowntown COVID-19 Resources & Updates
- Ann Arbor Distilling Company and Ugly Dog Distillery are distributing hand sanitizer while supplies last. Check out each company’s Facebook page for details and distribution times.
- Saline Main Street & Saline Area Social Services
ADAPTING TO A NEW WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Adapting to the Virtual Working World
- Free Remote Work Planning Resource
- Working Remotely: A Guide for Leaders
- Non-profit resources for remote working
- 12 Ways to Work Remotely During COVID-19
- Employer Considerations and Checklists:
Contingency Planning Checklist: Private Equity Portfolio Companies
CPA Australia: Contingency Plan Checklist
- Donate to the United Way of Washtenaw County COVID-19 Relief Fund
- A2 Helps is a new service connecting community donations to local businesses that can provide food and other resources to healthcare workers.
- World Health Organization (WHO) on the Coronavirus
- CDC Coronavirus Updates
- Michigan Medicine Coronavirus Updates
- St. Joe Coronavirus Updates
- Washtenaw County Coronavirus Information, including a running number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Washtenaw County.
- Livingston County Coronavirus Information, including a running number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Livingston County.