The Ann Arbor Board of Education is seeking applicants to fill the vacated seat on the Board through December 31, 2020.
Pursuant to Michigan Election Law (MCL 168.302), an individual wishing to serve on the Board must be:
- A citizen of the United States;
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- A resident of the Ann Arbor Public School District for thirty (30) days; and
- Registered to vote.
A Notarized Affidavit affirming applicant eligibility will be required to be submitted with application materials. Applicants must obtain notary services outside AAPS.
All those interested in submitting their name for the seat should indicate by written application to:
Ann Arbor Public Schools
Board of Education
2555 South State Street
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104
Email to: email@example.com
Applications must contain:
- Notarized Affidavit affirming eligibility to serve as a Board of Education trustee. (Applicants must obtain notary services outside AAPS.)
- A resume which includes applicant’s home address, telephone, and email address.
- A letter of intent, of no more than one page, detailing your experiences and the qualifications you would bring to board service, along with 3 references (listed on a separate page, if needed).
- No more than 2 letters of recommendation (from the listed references or others) addressed to the Board of Education at the above address.
Applications must be received in the Board office no later than 12:00 pm on Monday, February 3, 2020. Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt of application materials by email no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, February 5, 2020.Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
We invite the community to submit possible questions to be used in the interview process. Questions must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or received at the above address no later than 12:00 pm on Monday, February 3, 2020.
Applicants will be interviewed by members of the Board of Education on Tuesday, February 11, 2020, at a time and location to be determined and publicly posted as a Special Meeting of the Board of Education.
Applicants will then be required to make a brief statement (up to 3 minutes maximum) in response to the attached question at the Wednesday, February 12, 2020*,Board of Education Meeting to be held at 7:00 PM, Forsythe Middle School auditorium, 1655 Newport Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, during which the candidate will then be selected and seated by majority vote of the Board of Education.