The Ann Arbor District Library plans for a full reopening of all five locations on Monday, July 12 at noon. The Library’s plans are intended to fully reopen the system with as few restrictions as possible, while also minimizing the chance of future re-closures. Library staff are already working to transition library spaces back to a browsing configuration, and preparing collections, services and software for the July reopening.
The Library’s hours will remain noon to 8 p.m. seven days a week with a plan to return to regular hours by September. Leading up to the reopening, all Library locations will be closed from Friday, July 9 through Sunday, July 11 to remove contactless lobby pickup shelves and infrastructure.
When the Library reopens:
- All collections available for browsing
- All public seating available at all locations
- Hold shelves and self-checkout stations return
- Public computing, printing and copying return
- Some outdoor events this summer, in partnership with the Ann Arbor Summer Festival and others
- All meeting and study rooms available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Room bookings, rentals, exhibits, and indoor events resume in September
- Shelf Service, Printout Pickup Service, and Locker pickup appointments will continue
Renovations and improvements to the AADL system:
- Newly renovated bathrooms in the Downtown kids department
- All-new energy-efficient LED lighting in the Downtown kids department
- New carpet and flooring installed throughout the second floor of the Downtown Library
- New movable shelving on the 1st floor of the Downtown Library
- New Lobbytorium Gallery Screen at the Downtown Library
- Newly renovated 4th floor program room and podcast studio at the Downtown Library
- New power outlets for 4th floor atrium seating
- New paint and minor repairs throughout all five AADL locations
- Generators being added to Malletts Creek, Pittsfield, and Traverwood Branches
Thank you for your patience, and for continuing to use your library over the past year. We can’t wait to welcome everyone back!