Get City of Ann Arbor emergency information how and when you want it. Sign up for Washtenaw County and/or City of Ann Arbor emergency messages, which can be received via text, phone and/or email. All residents, businesses, those with loved ones in A2 and those who work in the city must take action and register their contact information to receive important Ann Arbor emergency notifications.
To register, visit www.washtenaw.org/alerts and select the emergency alerts you would like to receive and the method you would like to receive them. Follow the below sign-up instructions:
- Visit: www.washtenaw.org/alerts.
- Create an account, setting up a username and password.
- Usernames must be a minimum of four acceptable characters, which include uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, period, dash (-), underscore (_) and at symbol (@). No other characters or symbols are permitted at this time.
- Password must be eight to 64 characters long and contain at least one letter and one number. Special characters are permitted but limited to ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ).
- Select a security question and enter its answer.
- Enter a registration email address: This address is used to send temporary passwords, if you forget your credentials.
- Click “create your account.”
- After creating your user name and password, you’ll be brought to a page where you can complete your profile. This is where you enter your personal information, including first name, last name and registration email.
- Next, you will select how you want to receive alerts. Options may include SMS text messages, email, mobile phones, landlines or a mobile application for Android and iOS devices. The order you set these contact paths will be the order the alert system will contact you in the event of an emergency.
- You can download the Everbridge mobile app and search “Washtenaw citizens” to either create an account or log in to your existing account.
- You can register as an individual or business. Use your company name for first and last name if registering a business.
- Enter any locations you care about. Alerts are sent based on a geographical location on a map. Insert up to five addresses for which you want to receive an alert if the location is affected by an incident or upcoming event.
IMPORTANT — If the address you provided is not in the database of known addresses for our jurisdiction, you will be presented with other options to add your address into this system, including: selection from a list of suggested addresses, or dropping a pin to select your location on the map (Microsoft Silverlight plug-in is required). You will not receive any location-based alerts if you do not provide a complete address.