eptember 27, 2019 – The Ann Arbor Farmers Market (AAFM, 315 Detroit St.) is now officially 100 years old, and they’ve been celebrating with special events all year long. Here’s what to look forward to in October:
Wednesday, Oct. 2
- Market Kids, Come Play! 10 a.m.–1 p.m. — Kids and their adults can come play at the market with Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum and Leslie Science & Nature Center educators. This “Unity in Learning” series will provide an opportunity for market kids to enjoy fun, hands-on discovery and exploration of the natural world.
- Food Truck Rally, 5–8 p.m. — It’s the last Food Truck Rally of the year! AAFM will host 15 food trucks serving up delicious ready-to-eat foods. New this year, BLØM Meadery and Wolverine State Brewing Co. will be serving mead, cider and beer. Enjoy live music by Killarney Creek, voted best Folk Band of Metro Detroit. Alexander the Magician will make the evening magical with two show times: 6 and 7 p.m. in the market plaza.
Wednesday, Oct. 16
- Market Chef Cooking Demo 11 a.m.–1 p.m. — Chef Eve Aronoff, creator of Frita Baditos, will be the special guest at the Wednesday market to perform a cooking demo using seasonal ingredients from market vendors. Meet Chef Aronoff and learn how to create yummy recipes using local ingredients; tastings included! This program is produced in partnership with Edible Wow.
Saturday, Oct. 19
- Ann Arbor Farmers Market Harvest Festival — Celebrate the autumn harvest at the AAFM. Vendors will feature the area’s finest local foods. In addition, the Glass Academy will be onsite with live glassblowing demonstrations, creating elegant, glass-blown pumpkins to adorn the season.
Saturday, Oct. 26
- Halloween at the Market —Trick-or-treat at the Saturday market! AAFM and Give 365 will host face painting, pumpkin decorating and other festivities in celebration of Halloween. Children are encouraged to wear their costumes!
Have you thought about ordering your fresh Thanksgiving turkey? The local farmers have had your Thanksgiving turkey growing on their Michigan farm since early July. Many farmers encourage you to pre-order your turkey to guarantee there will be a fresh bird available for your holiday table. Visit the AAFM any Wednesday or Saturday to speak directly with a farmer about one of the most important meals of the year! Visit the AAFM online to see a full list of vendors, www.a2gov.org/market.
Watch for more events on the market website at www.a2gov.org/market and on Facebook and Instagram @A2Market.