Ann Arbor, Michigan – April 21, 2020. Community outreach and staying connected are keys to relaying important messages such as virtual events, happenings and, unfortunately, postponed events. Or maybe you would like to share a creative video like singing, dancing, yoga or playing a musical instrument.
CTN is accepting virtual segments for its Soapbox program, which means you record the video from home and CTN will add graphics and schedule it to play on CTN Channel 17.
Free-software suggestions to use for recording are Zoom, Microsoft Teams, BlueJeans, Facebook Live, as well as your own phone! If you would like more info on these programs, please email email@example.com for assistance.
To submit a virtual Soapbox segment, CTN requires the following steps:
- If you’re representing a non profit that doesn’t have a current letter on file with CTN, please be sure to have a letter submitted (non-profit template example).
- Fill out the guest form for title and graphic information https://www.a2gov.org/departments/communications/ctn/services/Pages/Soapbox.aspx
- Send completed file via Google Drive to firstname.lastname@example.org for post production graphics.
- Email a brief note to CTN staff Mike Koski or Melissa Bondy to note a file was sent, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note, the segment’s normal allotted time is up to 5 minutes. Under current circumstances, you can exceed this time limit, keeping it no more than 10 minutes. Also, there is no limit on number of person(s) on screen.
- More details regarding program requirements can be found on the Soapbox flyer.
Stay home, stay safe and thanks for watching,