Downtown road closures: Every Friday at 2 p.m. until Sunday at 8 p.m. beginning on Friday, June 12, through Sunday, August 23.
The closures include:
- Main Street from William Street to Liberty Street.
- Main Street from Liberty Street to Washington Street.
- Washington Street from South Ashley to Main Street.
- Maynard Street from East Liberty Street to East William Street (closure is seven days a week).
- East Liberty Street from Thompson Street to South State Street.
- South State Street from East Washington Street to East William Street.
Closures to begin on Friday, June 19, 2020:
- Church Street from South University to Willard Street.
- Detroit Street from East Kingsley Avenue to North Fifth Avenue.
- Forest Street alley.
Geddes Avenue & North University between Fletcher Street and Washtenaw: Monday, June 15-Saturday, June 27, 2020. Beginning on Monday, June 15, 2020, Geddes Avenue and North University Avenue will close in both directions between Fletcher Street and Washtenaw Avenue for road resurfacing work. Vehicle traffic in both directions will be detoured via Fletcher Street, East Huron Street and Washtenaw Avenue. Additionally, Geddes Avenue between Observatory Street and Washtenaw Avenue will also close to through traffic with traffic being detoured via Observatory Street and Washtenaw Avenue. Lastly, Church Street at the intersection of North University Avenue and Geddes Avenue will close with traffic detoured via South University Avenue and South Forest Avenue.
Annual spring dog license program
Please also note, the city’s annual spring dog license renewal program was suspended due to the State of Michigan stay home order during the COVID-19 pandemic. Tags that expired May 30, 2020, will be honored as current for an additional six months. Staff anticipates sending renewal forms to all expired tag holders following the November 2020 election.