State parks in southern Michigan will host a number of volunteer stewardship workdays in January.
Volunteers are needed to help with clearing out invasive shrubs that threaten to crowd out native plants and other efforts to restore high-quality ecosystems.
Workdays will take place:
- Saturday, Jan. 11, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Island Lake Recreation Area (Livingston County)
- Sunday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Pinckney Recreation Area (Washtenaw County)
- Sunday, Jan. 19, 9 a.m. to noon at Bald Mountain Recreation Area (Oakland County)
- Saturday, Jan. 25, 9 a.m. to noon at Highland Recreation Area (Oakland County)
- Sunday, Jan. 26, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Waterloo Recreation Area (Jackson County)
More details about each workday can be found on the DNR volunteer events calendar.
Learn more about volunteer stewardship workdays and other opportunities to get involved at Michigan.gov/DNRVolunteers.