Art gets your eyeballs out of zoom-call asphyxia, and browsing – offline – is such a rare pleasure these days. Since we’ll all be spending a lot of time home, we’re going to need some brightness to lift our spirits.
So pull on your warm long underwear – here are TWO opportunities to have a great day, stay safe and find something special and locally hand made that doesn’t involve a mountain of packaging or long distance delivery.
Maybe you’re not looking forward to winter. But in spite of EVERYTHING, there are still safe ways to have a life and feel a warm glow, like a whole, integrated human being.
A new initiative promoting local artists on Sunday 29th, after Thanksgiving:
- Search Ann Arbor, and you’ll find at least seven Open Studios!
- Sophie Grillet is at 802 Mt Vernon Ave – Free Parking!
- Open from 10 am – 5 pm.
- Masks and social distancing required. Sanitizer available. Six people max at a time in the studio (plus Sophie, the Artist).
- Text or call ahead if you’d like to know if it’s busy – 734 757 3717.
Breathe deep. We’ll all get there in the end. And the journey’s better with something beautiful added to your life.
York Winter Art Market
An outdoor art and craft Weekend Market:
Winter Art Market Hours:
December 4th: 2pm – 7pm
December 5th: 10am – 7pm
December 6th: 10am – 3pm
- At York Food & Drink, 1928 Packard St, Ann Arbor, MI
- Seventeen artists of all varieties
- Out in the courtyard and in a tent in back. Numbers controlled.
- Masks and social distancing required.
Well spaced out, and you can order a hot drink, soup, and great food.