Buhr Blitz Day
Join GIVE 365 on Saturday, Feb. 1, 2:30-4:30 p.m. for an afternoon of special games, s’more making, contests and prizes at Buhr Park Outdoor Ice Arena, 2751 Packard Road. It’s so much fun for the whole family! General admission rates apply.
Shop local every Saturday
Saturdays at the Ann Arbor Farmers Market, 315 Detroit St., continue all winter, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Grab a hot cup of coffee or cider and shop for greens, salad mix, apples, root veggies, garlic, Polish and Mediterranean food, candles, jewelry, cheese, baked goods and much more. Enjoy free parking in the market lot.
Natural Area Preservation stewardship workday – World Wetlands Day
Join NAP Sunday, Feb. 2, at Foxfire West Nature Area, 1-3 p.m. The wetland at Foxfire West Nature Area not only provides habitat for wildlife that depend on water, like muskrats and ducks, it’s also home to a variety of wetland wildflowers. Participate in efforts to keep this ecosystem healthy by removing invasive shrubs such as buckthorn. Meet at the park entrance on Birchwood Drive. Please dress in layers and wear shoes suitable for snow or wet ground. Tools, snacks and know-how provided.
Save the date to register for spring/summer programming in the Ann Arbor parks
Starting Monday, Feb. 3, you can register online or in person at any parks facility for spring/summer 2020 programs in the Ann Arbor parks. Programs include summer day camps, golf lessons and tournaments, canoe and kayak classes, learn-to-swim lessons, educational programs at the Ann Arbor Senior Center and volunteer opportunities with GIVE 365 and Natural Area Preservation. The 72-page guide is now available for viewing online.
Temporary closure of the Gallup Park vehicle bridge begins in February
The wooden vehicle bridge in Gallup Park, located along the park road, is in need of repair as part of ongoing maintenance. Work is scheduled to start in early February with an estimated completion date of early March, weather permitting. During construction, the bridge will be closed to vehicles when the contractor is actively working on repairs, which shall occur during working hours of 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday. One of the two pedestrian paths on the bridge will remain open at all times. Signs and barricades will be installed to safely direct vehicles away from the construction zone. Vehicles may enter Gallup Park from Fuller Road, but there will only be limited parking available while the bridge work is underway. There is additional parking located at the park entrance off of Geddes Road near the boat launch. Any questions can be directed to Landscape Architect/Park Planner Hillary Hanzel at email@example.com.
Victorian Valentine Teas at the Kempf House, 312 S. Division St.
The Kempf House will host its Victorian Valentine Teas on Saturday, Feb. 8 and Sunday, Feb. 9, 1:30 p.m. Enjoy an elegant traditional tea, with sweet and savory offerings! Period attire is welcome. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 734.994.4898 through Monday, Feb. 3. Cost, $25 per person members; $30, nonmembers (cash, checks or money orders only).
Upcoming programming at the Ann Arbor Senior Center, 1320 Baldwin Ave.
The Ann Arbor Senior Center offers a variety of weekly and special event programming throughout the month.
* GROOVE Dance Class, every Monday, Jan. 6-March 9, 6-7 p.m. All fitness levels and abilities for those 15 years and older are welcome. No dance experience required. Register for the entire 10-meeting series for $80, or drop in and pay $12, nonmembers; $10, members.
* NEW: Burns Park Women’s Circle meets every Tuesday, 6-7 p.m. Make a fresh start in 2020 by joining the Burns Park Women’s Circle – a group of local women who will gather to discuss weekly topics, life experiences, provide support and education to one another and discover new connections and friendship. Open to women of all ages. Cost is $2, nonmembers; members, free.
* Euchre is played every Monday, 6-8 p.m. in the Ann Arbor Senior Center conference room. Bring a partner or show up alone and you’ll be paired with a group. Cost is $2, nonmembers; members, free.
* Bag Lunch Bible Study meets every Wednesday, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Remember to bring a snack or bag lunch to enjoy. Cost is $2, nonmembers; members, free.
* Movie Matinee is shown every Wednesday, 1-3:30 p.m. Cost is $2, nonmembers; members, free. Includes complimentary popcorn.