Tickets for this 20th production go on sale Friday, Feb. 18
Pioneer Theatre Guild’s FutureStars 2022 returns for its 20th year at the University of Michigan’s Power Center for the Performing Arts at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 26.
A citywide talent search for Ann Arbor’s next star, FutureStars features students from Ann Arbor’s public high schools as they perform popular songs by various artists and compete for the title of FutureStar 2022!
Tickets go on sale Friday, February 18 at showtix4u.com: https://www.showtix4u.com/events/ptg. Tickets are $15.
Competing juniors and seniors are guided by professional coaches that assist them in learning their songs and preparing for their performances on the big stage. Freshmen and sophomores participate in RisingStars – a show-choir-type group that works on two medleys that feature the many talents of the underclassmen. Students also serve as the hosts for the evening – they work together to write the script for the evening and carry the audience through the show.
The evening’s performances are judged by a panel of judges. The judges select the top five performances and then the audience ultimately crowns the winner of FutureStars based on crowd noise.
Panelist of Judges for FutureStars 2022
- Matthew Altruda – Ann Arbor’s 107one Tree Town Sound Radio Host and Sonic Lunch summer concert series curator
- Blake Corum – University of Michigan running back
- Michael Morris – University of Michigan football defensive end
- Kid Jay – local rapper and America’s Got Talent contestant
- Amy Petty – Singer, songwriter, and recording artist
- Christopher Taylor – Mayor of Ann Arbor since 2014
- Erin Zindle – singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist of the Ragbirds
Vaccination and Mask Policy for FutureStars 2022
The following policies are required by the University of Michigan:
- Audience members of ages 5 and older must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, or a negative Covid-19 PCR administered by a healthcare professional within 72 hours of the event.
- Audience members who are 18 and older may be asked to show a photo ID to verify that they are the owners of the vaccination card or negative test. Children between the ages of 5 and 17 may not have an ID, so may be asked to state their nam
- Audience members who are not vaccinated (including those with waivers) must show a negative Covid-19 PCR administered by a healthcare professional within 72 hours of the event. The test results must include the audience member’s name and the date of test. Results from home-testing kits will not be accepted.
- Children ages 5 and under do not need to show proof of vaccination or negative test, but do need to follow the mask mandate.
For more information about PTG, visit https://a2ptguild.org
Director/Producer: Jayme Kelmigian
Music Directors: Billy Harrington & Adam Plomaritas
Vocal Coaches: Bri Bradley, Ryan Lewis, Adam Plomaritas
RisingStars Directors: Michael Arquilla, Lily Gechter
Host Coach: Julie Strassel
Performance Coaches: Callum Mein, Dana Steiner
Technical Director: Mysti Plummer
PTG Sponsors: Jayme Kelmigian, Alex Leydenfrost, Mysti Plummer