The Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Customer Service office will be closed Saturday, July 3-Monday, July 5. Additionally, most shelters/pavilions in the parks have already been rented for the holiday.
City of Ann Arbor pool punch pass
City of Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation is excited to offer pool punch passes again this summer. These passes are good for a daily admission for you, your family members and any guests you bring with you; one punch per visit per person. Passes are accepted at all City of Ann Arbor pools at a cost of $45 for 10 punches and are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Passes go on sale online beginning Thursday, July 1 or at any of the pool facilities for use on or after Friday, July 9. While these passes are valid for all public swim and lap swim times, they may only be used for walk up admissions and only if space is available. Punch passes must be used for a specific pool time slot, please visit each pool (Buhr Park, Fuller Park and Veterans Memorial Park) webpage for specific times.
Fuller Park Pool lap lanes spots are limited due to prior reservations, so the use of punch passes for those spots is not recommended. At this time, punch passes are available on a first come-first serve basis like drop-in general swimming. Passes may not be used to “pay” for a future reserved spot.
To purchase a punch pass online, please follow these instructions:
• You must have a current CivicRec account
• Click on the Memberships and Passes tab at the top of the page
• Click on the Summer Pool Punch Pass
• Select an adult as the pass holder
• Select the quantity of passes you would like to purchase
• Select check out and pay for punch passes
Once you purchase a punch pass, you will need to get a key fob from a pool facility to track your punches. The key fob is the easiest and quickest way to check-in and track your visits. When visiting a pool, you will need to scan your key fob for each person in your group and additional information about visitors may be required.
As we have done throughout the pandemic, we have worked hard to adapt and adjust policies and processes when we can to help more residents utilize our facilities. We hope that bringing punch passes back will make it a little bit easier to enjoy the pools this summer.
Holiday fun (remember: fireworks are prohibited in parks!)
- Hit the greens at Huron Hills or Leslie Park golf courses. Both courses will be open 6:30 a.m.–9 p.m., and normal weekend rates will apply for Sunday, July 4. Huron Hills continues to offer only 11 holes of play during its ongoing construction project. Find details about golf online.
- Boat at Argo Canoe and Kayak and Gallup Canoe and Kayak. Both locations are open every day including July 3, 4 and 5, 9 a.m.–8 p.m. Last stillwater boat rental is at 6 p.m. and closing time is 8 p.m. The last river trip will depart the Argo livery at 4 p.m. Reservations are required for river trips here, but not required for stillwater (no current).
- Also open on Saturday, July 3, is the Ann Arbor Farmers Market. Place your order ahead of time on the website or pick up during market hours Saturday, 7 a.m.–3 p.m. Otherwise shop in person for fresh, local ingredients and treats for your holiday picnic await, including herbs, tomatoes, beans, cheese, bread, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, apples, blueberries and so much more.
- Go for a swim at Buhr, Fuller and Veterans Memorial park pools. Pool admissions will be available in two-hour blocks and can be purchased online or at the pool the day of, if spaces are available. Fuller Pool (1519 Fuller Road) will have up to 150 spots available per two-hour block while Buhr Park Pool (2751 Packard Road) and Veterans Memorial Park Pool (2150 Jackson Ave.) will have up to 90 spots available per two-hour block. Typically, up to three swimmers per lap lane will be allowed. Total spots available include individuals that previously made reservations in the Omnify system. For details, visit the website.
Fireworks are prohibited in the parks
If you’re planning to celebrate Independence Day with fireworks, please remember to do so safely and responsibly. For starters, per Michigan Fireworks Safety Act 256 of 2011 fireworks usage is permitted only during certain timeframes and only around national holidays. For the Independence Day holiday this year, fireworks may ONLY be discharged in the city:
Tuesday, June 29–Friday, July 2 — 11 a.m.–11:45 p.m.
Saturday, July 3–Sunday, 4 — 8 a.m.–11:59 p.m.
Use without permission is ALWAYS prohibited at city parks, schools and all public and private property that isn’t your own.
One step at a time walking club
Join Hannah and Tanya for a walk every Monday morning, 10-11 a.m. All forms of walking, and wheeling are welcome, whether you’d like to step, stroll or parade with us. Staff are looking forward to the fresh air, sunshine and focusing on health and wellness during this hour together. Accessibility assistance is available. Plan on enjoying a new route every week! We will begin at the Ann Arbor Senior Center, 1320 Baldwin Ave. Register by emailing Brittany at email@example.com. For information call, 734.794.6250. Free of charge.
Michigan memories drive-thru event
Calling all of our senior Michiganders! Please join the Ann Arbor Senior Center, Wednesday, July 14, noon-1 p.m. for a drive-thru event where you’ll receive Michigan themed goodie bags, enjoy Boston Coolers (Vernor’s ice cream floats for those of you non-natives) and beverages will be given out to take home! RSVP to Brittany, firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot. Free of charge.
Senior art in the park
Join staff Monday, July 19, noon-1 p.m. for a themed art project outside of the Ann Arbor Senior Center. Each class we will provide each artist their own personal supplies, you just need to bring your own creativity! If the weather is uncooperative, we will meet socially distanced indoors. Preregistration required. For information contact email@example.com or 734.794.6250. Cost is $5 per class.
July 19 – Succulent terrarium: Be prepared to get your hands in the dirt and have fun! Creating a lush and lovely bowl of succulents for your patio table is easy. Staff will help you plant succulents and create a beautiful take-home terrarium to enjoy year-round.