Skyline Athletic Booster Club (SABC) is hosting a Speaker Series this year and everyone is invited.
Throughout the year, SABC is sponsoring a series of virtual sessions on topics of interest to athletes and those who love sports. The goal of this program is to highlight the vast array of professions that surround the world of sports. You don’t have to be an elite athlete to be involved with sports! Topics include: Broadcasting, Journalism, Sports Psychology, Sports Agent, Sports Statistics, Sports Medicine, just to name a few.
This month’s session is at 7 p.m. on Oct. 27 and will be on Sports Journalism and Photo Journalism. We will feature a writer from Sports Illustrated, a former sports beat writer, and a photojournalist.
The first session last month was on College Athletic Recruiting and featured a guest panel (and student host) who addressed questions such as:
- What other options are available besides NCAA Division I?
- Does the NCAA have eligibility requirements?
- How can I get myself noticed?
- Can my coach help?
- What scholarship options are available?
- What advice do parents and athletes have about the process?
The panel included:
- Nancy Ketola, Head of Operations for ScoutForce.com
- Mo-Jo Murrett – Head Coach, Skyline Men’s and Women’s Swim & Dive and former Head Coach for Women’s Swim & Dive at Eastern Michigan University
- Molly Lipton – NCAA Administrator for AAPS
- Chris Morgan – Head Coach, Skyline Men’s and Women’s Soccer and parent of a student-athlete going through the recruiting process
- Eamon Horwedel – Skyline alum and currently playing D-I Baseball
The recording of the webinar as well as a list of resources and some FAQs can be found HERE