Update From Jeanice K. Swift, Superintendent of Schools
As we prepare to return from winter break tomorrow to virtual instruction for Wednesday through Friday of this week, we wanted to share these important updates. Parents will also receive more detailed information from teachers and school principals.
On these virtual days, we will observe a regular school day schedule with students accessing their classes via Schoology and live video conference link; teachers will provide appropriate screen breaks and recess as appropriate for student developmental needs. Per state guidelines, attendance will be taken for all days of instruction, both in virtual or in-school learning; student absences should be emailed to the teacher or school office as you normally would.
AAPS Food Distribution During Virtual Learning – Wednesday, January 5, 2022
AAPS will offer food distribution on Wednesday, January 5 at Pioneer and Skyline High Schools between 1:00 PM and 6:30 PM. Bundles of food and milk will be provided for AAPS students, including vegetarian options.
Drive-Up Distributions – 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Pioneer High – please use the front circle off Stadium Blvd entrance. 734-994-2265
Skyline High – please use the drive around the back of the school across from the woods. 734-994-7085
Please do not leave your car. Staff will be there to serve you. Please wear a mask when staff approach.
Food distribution is not available this week directly at Huron as AAPS production kitchens are located at Pioneer and Skyline. However, as needed, food can be delivered to homes, and families may request these arrangements at 994-2265.
Technology Support for Students and Families
As we temporarily shift to synchronous virtual learning this week, we are also preparing to support students and families who need technology support.
STUDENT & FAMILY HELP DESK: 734-997-1222 (for Spanish call 734-997-1246)
- Monday: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM; Tuesday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM; Wednesday & Thursday: 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM; Friday: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
If you need to request assistance during other hours, please leave a voicemail or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and a team member will follow up with you.
- Students needing hotspots should call the Student & Family Help Desk or send an email request to email@example.com.
STUDENT DEVICE NEEDS
- All students new to the district this week should connect with the Student & Family Help Desk to schedule an appointment to come pick-up a district device.
- All existing elementary students who did not take their devices home for winter break should be picking up their devices from their school building.
- All secondary students who didn’t pick up their devices at the beginning of the school year, can reach out to the Student & Family Help Desk to schedule an appointment to come pick-up a district device.
- All students who need a device repaired or swapped should schedule an appointment with the Student & Family Help Desk.
Virtual Community Information Meeting – Wednesday, January 5, 2022
The AAPS will host a community information session on Wednesday, January 5th at 6:00 PM. You can watch the session live here.
The information session will include a brief overview of the modified return to school from winter break amid the current omicron surge, AAPS data we are currently observing, and next steps in returning to in-school learning in the AAPS. Community members will have the opportunity to submit questions, and a video recording of the event will be shared on A2Schools.org once the session has concluded.